Summary of camp rules and regulations for all campers
- No ground fires are allowed in all areas. Fires are to be in approved fire rings. No fires are to be left unattended and must be properly extinguished. Open Campfires are only permitted as per Pinery postings. Before leaving camp all ashes must be watered down until extinguished and then placed in the ash bin near the repelling tower.
- Do not dig holes; do not cause harm or damage trees or other vegetation. Practice no trace camping.
- Practice safety in all matters, on land and in the water.
- Alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs and fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- At night, keep gate closed after arrival or when leaving the campground.
- No bare feet at camp at any time.
- No pets at camp, with the exception of demonstration dogs only. Guide dogs always welcome.
- Two cars per campsite, all other vehicles to be parked in the parking lot. During the winter months - NO VEHICLES OF ANY KIND BEYOND THE HILL AT THE PARKING LOT.
- No VEHICLES PERMITTED ON THE FLATS.
- Recyclables items are to be kept separate from garbage and everything is to be taken to the fenced in area at the front of the camp. You can collect a blue box from this area on arrival.
- No personal camping trailers are allowed over the hill unless for a special event. In the event that a trailer needs to be over the hill for any reason it must be approved by the Warden prior to the booking of a site.
- There is a limit of 15 tents per tenting site
- Checkout time is 1:00pm.
- Rules of the road apply in camp. Speed limit in camp is 10 km/h.
Rules of conduct at the Upper Lake:
- Respect your fellow human beings, the environment and the lake as a national drinking water reservoir!
- Listening to music on the sunbathing lawns is only permitted with headphones!
- Take your rubbish back with you or dispose of it in the rubbish containers provided.
- Lighting fires is prohibited everywhere around the lake! Barbecuing on barbecues that you have brought yourself and which do not leave any burnt spots will be tolerated. Disposable crickets are prohibited! Fixed barbecues are available on the foot field.
- The bank should not be entered in wooded areas and may not be used as a sunbathing area.
- Dogs are not allowed on the sunbathing lawns around the Upper Lake.
- The sunbathing lawns may only be used between 7:00-23:00.
Nature Park Ranger Tom Schmit will be on site at the bathing beaches during the summer months to inform visitors, raise awareness and, if necessary, point out any misbehavior. In addition, he will be out and about in the five member municipalities of the Öewersauer Nature Park (Bauschleiden, Esch-Sauer, Stauseegemeinde, Winseler & Wiltz) as well as in the candidate municipality of Goesdorf and will, among other things, perform his duties as a contact person.